Get Al Salam Bank Prepaid card and live life as you please. Your Prepaid card has been designed to give you freedom, flexibility and portability. Whether you received this card as a gift or have acquired it as a safety measure to control spending while travelling, we’re sure you’ll enjoy using it.
Your new re-loadable Prepaid card
With our Visa Multi-Currency Prepaid Card, you can load your Card at any of our branches, Self-Service Kiosks, or the Mobile Application.
Prepaid benefits you’ll love!
Your Prepaid card makes an ideal “birthday gift”. It’s also perfect for use while travelling abroad, or simply as a “Thank You” card
- Chip enabled – So you know it’s secure.
- Re-loadable – Can be topped up at any time through a range of channels.
- ATM cash withdrawal – Works like a debit card and it’s FREE within Al Salam Bank ATM network.
- Accepted worldwide – Your card can be used wherever you see the “Visa” sign.
- Set your own limit – Budget and control spending.
- Free SMS alerts – Receive an instant SMS message every time you complete a successful transaction. So you know exactly remaining balance.
- E-statements – Access your monthly protected card statement securely via our registered email address.
- Earn loyalty points with
Al Salam Rewards program on your card transactions.
- For Visa Card Offers and Perks,
Prepaid Multi-currency Card
Now you may load, reload and use your prepaid card with multi-currencies: BHD, USD, EUR, GBP, TRY and AED.
Please note existing Prepaid Card holders need to apply for the new card based on the required currency.
Multi-currency card limits, fees and charges are calculated based on the bank’s periodic review of equivalent in BD currency.
Prepaid Card Limits
| Type|| BD Card|| USD Card|| GBP Card|| EUR Card|| TRY Card|| AED Card|
Card Limit|| BD10,000||Equivalent to BD10,000|
Minimum top up|| BD1||Equivalent to BD1|
Maximum top up|| BD10,000||Equivalent to BD10,000 per day|
ATM withdrawal daily limit|| BD500||Equivalent to BD500|
Daily spending limit|| BD10,000||Equivalent to BD10,000|
Fees and Charges
|PREPAID CARDS||BD Cards||USD Cards||EUR Cards||GBP Cards||TRY Cards||AED Cards|
Issuance fee||BD2.200||Equivalent to BD2.200|
Renewal fee||BD1.100||Equivalent to BD1.100|
Replacement (PIN/Card)***||BD2.200||Equivalent to BD2.200|
Unused balance refund fees||BD1.100||Equivalent to BD1.100|
|Free within our network
||Free within our network|
|BD 1.100 outside of Al Salam Bank ATM network||Equivalent to BD 1.100 outside of Al Salam Bank ATM network* |
|BD 1.100 + mark up outside of Bahrain||
FX mark up*||2.71% of transaction amount (all inclusive) and fees are subject to VAT|
Foreign Currency top up Fees **||Free||0.5% of amount paid** |
|Fees are subject to VAT|
|Up to 2 times per year: Free||Up to 2 times per year: Free|
|More than 2 times per year: 0.330 fils per page, subject to a cap of BD 5.500||More than 2 times per year: Equivalent to 0.330 fils per page, subject to a cap of BD 5.500|
|Through eChannel services: Free||Through eChannel services: Free|
* FX Mark Up applies on transactions done in currency different than card currency
including within network
** Applicable on top-up made in same card currency
*** In case of loss based on client request
- To download the application form,
- To view Prepaid cards terms and conditions, please
For further information, please contact our customer care center: